If you are planning a new build and are looking for the right flooring material, you have come to the right place; in this article, we offer you a brief description of the most popular flooring choices in Australia in 2021.
- Solid Timber – There are sustainable solutions for solid timber and let’s face it, there’s nothing to beat a premium hardwood floor. Yes, it is at the top of the price range, but if professionally installed and treated, your timber flooring will last a lifetime. Every 5 years, have the floor sanded and stained, then polished to reveal new grain patterns and when looking for timber in Brisbane, there’s really only one place to go.
- Engineered Timber – If you are in love with real timber flooring but aren’t impressed with the high price, engineered timber is for you. This composite material looks and feels just like solid timber and there are as many finishes as number of tree species, making it easy to choose the perfect design that complements your home.
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles – LVT offers the homeowner much in the way of benefits; stunning timber, stone and slate finishes, waterproof, scuff-proof and very durable, installed with a cork backing, you can enjoy a soft and silent walking experience and all at an affordable price.
- Laminate Flooring – While LVT is the most popular composite, laminate flooring offers similar benefits and is very long-lasting.
- Composite Decking – A product by the name of Modwood that is made from recycled materials is the most popular decking choice and for good reason, as the product ticks all the boxes and if correctly installed, will give you years of trouble-free use. Sourcing this product in Brisbane is easy with a Google search and when you order this product, you should download the product specification and installation guide. There are several fixing methods and a choice of smooth or brushed finish (boards are double sided) and this product is heavier and denser than timber and can withstand the harsh Australian climate.
- Concrete – Polished concrete offers unlimited finish and colour options and is very hardwearing, making a perfect solution for a modern home. Hi-tech solutions ensure an even mix with ready-mixed concrete and any colour can be selected, while there are hand tools to create a range of finishes.
Hardwood is the top choice for Australian homeowners and with engineered timber, you can have the look and feel of solid hardwood without the high price.